About this Chapter
Putting the Pieces of the Past Together focuses on the chronology of the Meuse-Argonne Campaign and its larger role within the Great War.
To have students understand the historical significance and perspective of this World War I campaign, students will build a chronology of the campaign as it fits into World War I. The activities within this chapter will help students answer the following questions:
- What was life like for American soldiers during the Meuse-Argonne campaign?
- What role did these men and the Meuse-Argonne Offensive play in the larger scope of the war?
- Where would their personal stories fall in the chronology of the Meuse-Argonne and World War I?
- What direct impact did the Meuse-Argonne campaign and the brave soldiers, French citizens, and volunteers play in the larger context of World War I?
This chapter is part of the iBook Bringing the Great War Home: Teaching With The Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, which was produced by ABMC in partnership with Learn NC and Virginia Tech. You can access individual elements of the iBook here on ABMC.gov, or you can download the full iBook through iTunes
In this Chapter:
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: Timeline Reputation
- Section 3: ABMC Timelines
- Section 4: Scavenger Hunt
- Section 5: Significant, Perspective, and Challenge Cards
- Section 6: Using ABMC Bluebook Images with SCIM-C to Piece Together the Meuse-Argonne
- Section 7: End of Unit Activity
- Section 8: Conclusion
- Section 9: Bibliography
- Section 10: Credits and Disclaimer
- Download the Full Chapter